Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's just meant to be!

To many people this picture may appear to be just another blurry picture. To me- it was one of the most exciting nights of my life! Just six days after being engaged I had heard about the bridal fair at La Caille. So for fun, I convinced Teri(Matt's sister)to come with me. The first half hour was bearable. We had a list of vendors we were had to get signatures of in order to put my name in the grand prize drawing. Along the way you also could enter in small drawings at each booth. I know Teri and I both were spent by the time we accomplished this task, only to find out we had to come back 4 hours later for the drawing. In the meantime we got some lunch and shopped for dresses. Intentions were window shopping, but soon turned into putting money down on the "last dress of that kind in the store". Do they just tell all the girls this? They know most of us aren't willing to risk the chance of another bride snatching it up.

Four hours later, we headed back up to a pool full of crazy brides. Matt was in Louisiana at the time and I was talking with him on the phone when I said "Hey, I'll call you in bit after I win us a honeymoon..."

And that is just what I did. I won the GRAND PRIZE!! Shaking and screaming, I made my way through to claim my winnings. Teri took this pic on her phone, but was evidently just as shaky as I. Here I am holding my prize- 4 nights all-inclusive stay at the El Dorado resort in the Mayan Riviera :) Oh how I love the sounds of that.

Crazy thing is I was talking all day to Teri about WHEN I win the honeymoon and AFTER I win this honeymoon. Not once did I doubt it(okay, maybe five seconds before they called my name i did). I told Matt my plans. I told my work friends my only intention of going was for the grand prize- of which I planned on winning. Oh the power of positive thinking. What a great day! Thanks Teri- for sharing it with me!

3 comments:

bgprincess said...

i still feel bad about my shakiness. i'm not sure who was more shocked. you or me. i loved this day, i feel bad that it caused some drama, but i loved it. thanks for asking me to come along.

bgprincess said...

... oh ya, remember the huge table thing that fell on the girls leg just after you won the grand prize and you were talking to matt on the phone trying to convince him you weren't joking around ? .... that was craziness.

Matt & Stacie said...

that WAS craziness. i couldn't decided if i should drop what i just won and go help or bring it with me... so i'm glad you could think quick on your feet. you'll be such a great nurse :)