Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree..

The Christmas tree went up quick this year and honestly, it's the only thing that makes it feel like Christmas this year.  That and singing Christmas songs at church.  We really wish we could make it back to Utah to celebrate, but it's just not going to happen between our jobs.  Speaking of which, I just started my new job this last week working as a medical assistant to an orthopaedic surgeon here in Henderson.  It's literally less than 5 minutes away from our home.  Can I just say how much I hate beginning a new job with new people and new stuff to learn?  I just want to know it already.  But apparently that's not how it works.  It really is a great place to be though and I feel lucky to work there.  I just need to push through these next few weeks.

The tree looks better in real life.  Some of the ornaments seem to disappear in the picture.  Two of them have a special meaning to me this year.. and I'm sure they will forever. 

The first one I made to always remember the man who taught me how to truly be happy.  He died on Christmas Day, 2007, and I will never forget his smiling face and perfect sense of humor.  
Love and miss you Lloyd! 

Sorry, these pictures aren't great.  The other is our "First Christmas" ornament.  It's Santa flying a float plane in Alaska.  So we'll always remember our adventures in our first year of marriage.  

3 comments:

bgprincess said...

yea! so excited to come and see this tree in real life - and of course i'm excited about seeing you and matt too! hopefully we can bring some christmas cheer with us - along with our utah cheer. see you in about 20 hours....

Holly said...

Oh I miss Lloyders:) Seriously I was sooo glad to see that you had made me one of these ornaments:) I cried when I opened it:)

I wish we could be in Utah for Christmas too...it's going to be weird not being with everyone...

Maybe you could get some time off in the next couple months and come see the babies...?!

Unknown said...

aww Lloyd! =)

i love your other ornament too! that's neat.

the bountiful light parade was last week, and i of course thought of you =). that was a good night for ash and stac =)
miss you and love you! merry christmas!
we need to chat soon