Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy V-Day!

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Valentine's day than to dissect the heart itself...

 I'm taking the second half of anatomy and physiology from UAS(Alaska).  It's an online class which is really cool since it let's me keep a full-time job.  We have live classes(online) once a week and it's as if you were really in the classroom.  You can raise your hand, ask questions, draw on the board..etc. It's pretty neat.  Since the lab is included, they mail different "stuff" to you now and then to dissect.  Then we take pictures and upload them to a blog for credit.  Seemed a little ironic that this weekend it was a sheep's heart.  I wish I could have taken pictures of Matt.  Haha, he had his jacket zipped over his face.. it really didn't smell THAT bad.  Somehow I talked him into letting me stay in the house vs. the freezing garage.  Here's some of the action:


Stay tuned for next time to analyze the fetal pig...

3 comments:

bgprincess said...

is it weird that i think it's cool that you get to dissect a heart in your house.... the fetal pig thing i'm not so sure about.

Holly said...

NASTY!! It can't be that cold in Vegas baby! ha:)

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe they mail you those things! That is crazy.