Friday, October 1, 2010

Canada Heli Trip (part two)


















It was a two day trip and a good thing we had to land every couple hours.  I got pretty sick on one of the flights.  Hours in a helicopter + turbulence + just not being used to the whole thing = Motion sickness.  Luckily I was able to tough it out(somehow) until our next "scheduled" landing.  For the next leg, I made a nice bed in the back seat and slept the whole way.  It did just the trick.

Most the airports we landed in were real small and deserted. 


Pilot Nick got a little bored at some points and tried a little acrobatics.  Okay, nothing too extreme.  Just flying in patterns around us.  Seemed to entertain him :)



Matt taught me how to fly on our trip and actually let me do it!  Don't let Matt fool you- it's a lot harder than it looks to keep that ship steady... and I was glad to have him as my back up.


Our first look at Calgary, Alberta.  I was nervous about the whole flying at night, but apparently Matt knows what he's doing.  That or he does a pretty good job at faking.  Anyhow, we made it to our destination! 

I knew this trip would be a "once in a lifetime" thing and I'm so glad I was able to go along side Matt.  It was fun hearing him talk in his crazy lingo with the towers.  The more i tried to follow their conversations, the more lost I would get.  What a fun adventure for us- I just love my pilot so much.

1 comment: