A lot of changes are happening with us lately and I can't tell you how excited we are to finally settle down. To unpack those suitcases. To have a place we can call home. Our home. Matt has been in training this last week with a couple more weeks to go. We won't be moving into our house for another month, so in the meantime we are staying with a family friend here in Vegas. I can't tell them enough how grateful we are for them and their kindness. Seriously. They are awesome.
And what have I done with all my spare time you ask?? GOOOD question.
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Enjoying my mid-morning naps
- Finished reading The Hunger Games
- Enter every contest possible to win furniture/cash/anything really. (After the contests I have won this last year, I'm a total believer in winning. Being in Vegas- I hope to keep the luck as long as possible)
- Volunteering. And sometimes volunteering Matt :)
- Talk to my family on skype. Love singing songs with the kids and coloring. I hope by keeping this up, they will remember me.
- Interviewing. I dislike this one. Somehow, I've been so lucky in my life to have most my jobs practically handed to me. I'm hoping this won't go on for long before I find one I am happy with (and visa versa).
- Temple work. This is one place can feel my time is worth something. And what a beautiful temple we have here!
- Dream of our new house and check on it frequently. (The flooring is now in!)
- Go to Nordstrom Rack and look at all the things I can't buy. This is depressing really.
- Research the nursing programs around here. Crossing my fingers that my credits will transfer okay.
- Stalk blogs while having one eye on The Food Network
- Wait for Matt to come home

2 comments:
Yes just relax and enjoy the time you can do absolutely nothing...I bet you'll get a job soon! And then...yes, you'll kick yourself:)
ps. we like to skype!
Stacie--I think we are a lot alike and that is why we had so much fun together on that soccer team...remember those days? Anyway, saw on facebook that you found a job and nursing school--congrats! Exciting about your house too!
Post a Comment