Sunday, December 26, 2010

Demolition

So we closed on our BRAND NEW home just before Thanksgiving and have already taken down two walls.  Who does that??  We had these two half walls at the bottom of the stairs and we really wanted to open it up.  I came home from the store one night and Matt was already going at it. He thought he'd use my pink hammer until it busted.  I don't think it was meant for this kind of work.

I thought I could be a part of the project by kicking down a wall for Matt.  I've been to a few Taebo classes, so why not use those skills? Let's just say it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. And the only reason I even put this first video up is for your enjoyment.  We couldn't stop laughing as we replayed it over and over.  I think I sound like my sister, Camille?  Or maybe I'm just not used to hearing my voice.

Take One...


Take two(or three)...

And here is where we are now:

The plan is to put up balusters and railings when we find some more time.  I think I'll just leave the rest to Matt from here on out.

3 comments:

Holly said...

hahahaha. what a dork you are!

that's going to look good when you guys (meaning Matt) are done with it!

Chelsea said...

No Shoes??? Ow. Nice video. :)

Heather said...

Ha! That was too funny!!