-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other day I made a yummy and quick dessert! I took pictures just in case it was good and it was!! :) It's just a jello pudding(only using one cup of milk to make it thicker) in a vanilla wafer(mixed with butter) crust. And of course topped off with some coolwhip to make it look pretty. Really though, what else is it for??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I've had a slight set back with my running due to my recent onset of shin splints. They are horrible! I couldn't even walk without pain for a couple days. I finally feel like they are on the mend now after streching, icing, and taking it easy the last week. To those of you who have never had shin splints, you may think "it's a made up pain" or "it can't really be that bad". It's one of those things you just have to experience to know how painful they are. Anyway, I got new running shoes last night! Hopefully these will help my cause and I can start running correctly (since the dude at the store said I wasn't). Next week I will start some jogging and I'll be up to speed in no time!! Right??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I've been wanting to get my hair cut and colored for a while now. Just a trim really. But, I just can't bring myself to pay $120 for it!! I know some girls do this and even get it done every 6-8 weeks. I get my hair done maybe twice a year and it still kills me how much it costs. Sooo, while shopping yesterday, I got the idea just to give myself a change! My sisters and I used to color our hair with these cheap boxes of revlon or what, and it worked great... most the time:) So I got the idea and could'nt decide a color. I've always wanted to see what dark hair would look like on me. Or should I just stay safe with the blonde- just lighten it a little? Matt made me sleep on my decision and I still want to do it! Just not sure which one..
I mean, how awesome if I actually loved it and it was only $3! And if it doesn't turn out, I wouldn't be out much.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, I would like to share with you a conversation I had the other day. This happened one Sunday morning about 6am. (Has anyone got a call that early while you were still in bed and instead of turning off the sound, you answer it? And you start talking/waking up at the same time??)
Ring! Ring! (Okay, my cell phone ring is more annoying than that)
Me: Hello?
Caller(female): Stacie! Hi! Hey, I need a favor from you... blah blah blah (this part is a blur because I'm still waking up).. I need to come by and pick up those pictures this morning.
Me: (my mind is racing, who is this? do I have someone's pictures? what am i forgetting?) Will you remind me what pictures?? (trying to think whom this might be, but don't dare to ask)..
Caller: You know, the ones I gave you for enrichment.. I need to pick them up this morning! Are you awake??
>>;At this point I'm not sure I am.
Me: I'm sorry, who is this?? (for sure they have the wrong number and surely this will end it)
Caller: This is Hillary! Stacie, wake up!! Church is starting soon and I need your help. (I am trying to think of ANY Hillary that I know..)
Me: I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number. (For sure this will end it!)
Caller: Stacie! No! Haha, You are sleep talking! (she says this several times during the convo and I almost believe her. Strange Feeling.)
>>She goes on to say (in detail)of how I know her and that if I would just wake up I could help her out this morning. She couldn't believe I was still sleeping and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. (This went on for a good 5 minutes) I thought maybe this was a prank call? But, the last thing she said really made me jump out of bed.
Caller: Stacie, don't you remember? We were pregnant together!! Wake Up!
Me: (at this point I'm in a shocked state; she actually had me trying to remember ever being pregnant!) Wait, I don't think I have ever been pregnant..
>>The conversation ended shortly after when that answer really threw her. She apoplgized with a confused voice and hung up. I couldn't get over this coversation for the longest time. How strange and lost I felt. This must be what Alzheimer's feels like. Anyway, I never did figure out who this was and I don't think I'll be answering any more early morning calls.






8 comments:
I can't believe that phone call. I was waiting and waiting for you to say it was all a dream! Unreal!
LOL LOL LOL...hahaha... that was so funny reading that. Toby says they have a diagnosis for that, its call schizophrenia. haha.. dont think you have it but...
this better not be some psycho way to tell people you really are prego?!
Haha, no princess, this was only a true story. That would be pretty psycho ;) And Toby, don't freak me out like that!
Happy Anniversary Stacie! And good luck with the shin splints. Start back up slower than you think you need to. Otherwise they'll come back. They are so hard to get rid of! And I know the pain you are talking about. They are bad!
Ha:) I feel privileged that I got to hear that story right after it happened...when you were still a bit confused by it all! haha.
Crazy you guys have been married a year now. Seems like just yesterday...ha:)
Happy Anniversary! and what a hilarious story! that's so great! So what color did you go with? My vote is to go dark! =o)
That's awesome! I love that story! Hilarious!
Also, I do my hair about twice a year, too! I could never pay $120 for a cut and color!!! I got the dark revlon and it doesn't last very long. It's still dark, but it fades fast. I'm not sure if getting your hair done at a salon will last longer or if they fade, too?
Post a Comment