Sunday, May 29, 2011

W/D Pedestal

Another project completed.  Pedestal for washer/dryer, check. I kept telling Matt he would need to bring a friend once it was completed.  There was no way I could be of help carrying this up the stairs and then lifting the washer/dryer on top.  As soon as he was done, he said "Okay, you take that end!"

I wasn't going to post this video, but I think everyone knows how blonde I can be (I love blaming these times on my hair color). I am here to tell you how HEAVY this piece of wood is!  I was carrying (supporting) the top as we walked up the stairs.  Somehow when we got to the top, the whole thing just ended up on top of me!! Haha.  Maybe it was that break I took at the top of the stairs... I think he kept going and I was done for the day.



SOMEHOW we were able to maneuver it all in the laundry room with the appliances in place and only a few scratches on the walls (I wont count the gash in the linoleum floor).  It's weird not having to bend over to do the laundry.  But, I think it's something I can get used to :)

3 comments:

holly said...

Looks good stace face:) Good job matt!

Russon said...

I think you were tired. that was a tired laugh!!

Kelli said...

I seriously think I'm going to make Barry take mine down so I can paint it red! I love it!