After the first hour, frustration sunk in. No one had even seen a fish. Some left while the determined moved to the other side of the water. Here is where all the action seemed to be. There they were! The pink salmon seemed to be putting on a show for us and this turned out to be the most amazing part of the day. I wish I could have captured it on video. Unfortunately, we found them too late and the tide was rising quickly, pushing us farther on shore. We got skunked :(
Next trip will be better. I won't be going home 'til I catch some of the Alaskan fish.



Matt is so good to help me with my labs. This time we had to dissect the frog and identify its muscles and such. I was not a fan of skinning mr. frog, but knew it had to be done. Matt set up my lab in our living room, close to the window for ventilation. I got all geared up and went to work. It wasn't so bad when all was skinned and done :)

As for the bears... I was doing my laundry the other day and when walking back I spotted a BEAR walking down the sidewalk! Okay people, no big deal. This happens all the time right? I ran in to grab my camera so I could show you all my sighting. Of course, a dumb dog had to come out and scare bear away. So sorry. Apparently at night there having been a few sightings this summer of bears at our apartment. But this is not an uncommon here and so I try not to get all excited... Because it's no big deal. Right??
1 comment:
K that frog is nasty. you did that at home? bleh! haha
Cute pictures from fishing tho:)
Post a Comment