Tuesday, July 13, 2010

** HAPPY 4TH **



Our Fourth was spent in this rainy Juneau place. I missed my Utah Fourth very much as I dreamed of having a bbq with family and friends, cooling off by taking a swim, watching the parade in the summer's heat(not sure why, but I missed this too), watching fireworks on a blanket outside.. and so on. It just didn't feel the same, but we made do with what we had. Fireworks were canceled Saturday night and luckily the rain stopped enough on Sunday to have them. We started off our celebrations Sunday by running home from church to have some yummy strawberry french toast topped with syrup and cool whip. Mmm.



Later we hung out with some friends, watched the Testaments, and played games until fireworks(midnight). Lucky for us we had a perfect view from our apartment! .. Okay, our upstairs friends did. So we simply cranked the windows open in their apartment and delighted in the fireworks. The show took place over the Gastineau Channel. I was very much satisfied by their performance as I've never seen fireworks shoot above the water before. The reflection in the water was amazing and seemed to light up the city that night. Watching as the barge blew up was also exciting! :) (guess it happens every year) The best part about it was when they were done, all we had to do was go to bed! No walking through crowds, sitting in traffic, etc. Perfect.



I've been trying to post a video I took... having problems. Have to figure it out later...

1 comment:

Holly said...

I realized I never commented on here. That french toast looks sooooo good right about now:)Glad you had a fun 4th.

ps. Taylin LOVES the 1st pic and believe it or not she says "oh! stacie and matt!" she does know who you are she just loves teasing you about it. haha