One thing I really hoped for while Matt's family was in town was that they would have the chance to fly with him up to the glacier. It's hard sometimes to be there at the right time, when Matt is flying, and hope for an open seat in the helicopter. Well, we totally lucked out and they were all able to up dog sledding with Matt as their pilot. Unfortunately, I was left behind this day. I was a little sad because even I hadn't done that yet. But I knew that I had more time for this opportunity and I really was so glad they were able to experience this.
We went to the beach at Auke Bay one night to have a campfire. Sandi bought a blanket from Freddies on our "quick trip" to the store just beforehand.. she found out later that she had just purchased a snuggie! :) It was pretty funny. For dinner we made tinfoil dinners followed by roasting strawberries and marshmallows.. Mmm. I seriously think I could eat smores all night long- or until they were all gone. I LOVE them! The beach here is always beautiful and it was a perfect night for this event.
Blueberry picking has been something I've wanted to do ever since our neighbors brought us some delicious blueberry bread. On Sunday afternoon, we took a drive and stopped to pick some berries! I loved it.. Who knew picking berries could be so much fun?
While we sad to see our visitors leave, we know we will see them soon. Just 2 more weeks left before we pack up and head home! Lots of mixed emotions about this one..
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
stace: i might have to admit something... unless my mom wants to take credit for the snuggie - pretty sure she doesn't ... i am the one who grabbed the cheap soft blanket to take to the beach. it's totally my fault for not paying closer attention to what we had just purchased. good thing it was super inexpensive. made for a good laugh that's for sure, and it served it's purpose for something to sit on around the campfire. plus... i wouldn't be surprised if you and matt cuddle up in it while watching your favorite show. :)
did you say roasting strawberries? and what was that like? sounds yummy!
Post a Comment