Sunday, October 16, 2011

Flat Ryan

Ryan (our nephew) was kind enough to flatten himself and come visit us in the mail a few weeks ago! Sounds crazy, right?  His 3rd grade class read a book called "Flat Stanley" where the character is able to flatten himself and travel around the world.  Sounds genius to me! So Ry came to visit for a few days and here's how we documented the trip...

Matt's work
Stacie's work

Weekend fun

We had a lot of fun taking flat Ry around with us.  Eventually, we had to send him back to school, but not without a journal to read in front of his class! (I think this was the funnest part!)

THE ADVENTURES OF FLAT RYAN

"Well, I’ve had quite an eventful week traveling with my Uncle Matt and Aunt Stacie, who live in Las Vegas.  I was lucky enough to spend a day at Matt’s work.  He is a pilot and flew us around the Grand Canyon in a helicopter, eventually landing at the very bottom! What a rad, tubular, crazy awesome ride it was- I have the COOLEST UNCLE EVER!!  The next day was spent with Stacie where she brought me to the doctor’s office where she works.  I pretended like I was the patient and was xrayed, examined (though it was difficult finding a heartbeat), and even given a shot! Ouch!  It happened to be the doctor’s birthday so we celebrated with fruit pie and sang the birthday song.  Then it was back to work!  I just don’t know how she does this everyday- she is AWESOME too! 

As soon as the weekend came around, we all jumped in the car and made the most of our night.  We visited New York to see the statue of Liberty, stopped at Paris for the Eifle tower, and even drove by Disneyland!! At this point we were tired and thirsty so we stopped for a frozen hot chocolate.  The drink was delicious!  Stacie didn’t think I could finish it- she said it was almost taller than me.  On our way back home, we stopped to see the dancing water in all it’s glory.  It was quite the night of travelling and we barely made it home in time for bed.  I can’t wait to go back already!!"

Thanks Ryan, come back again!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

ha ha.

i'm so glad he wore his BYU shirt:)