
I hope all you mothers out there got breakfast in bed and foot massages(if you're into that). Matt and I are so blessed to have THE BEST moms in the world! We wish we could have been home to celebrate with them, but hope they know how much we love them from clear up in Alaska.
A few things we've been doing:
Like I said, awesome hiking trails start just minutes away from our apartment. The other day I went with my new friend Beth up Perserverance trail, which is full of awesome views.
It really is just so amazing here. I hope to be able to hike lots more in these next few months. Just after this hike I was to go and meet with the "fudge lady" down the street about a job. I didn't shower and honestly I thought it might have been a waste of my time. But I went anyway just as you see me here in these pictures. Turned out she liked me enough to offer me a job paying me more than expected and with some benefits. Imagine that! :) I'll say it again- I am one lucky girl.

My first day at work! Now, who wouldn't want to work in shop with fudge, candy, and icecream?? It totally fulfills my childhood dream of working at Baskin Robbins. I still have tons to learn there and it is overwhelmingly busy at times with tourists, but I think it will be a fun summer job. It takes about 5 minutes to walk here from our apartment- which is awesome! The people I work with are so nice as well, which makes the job easier to go to.
Cinco de Mayo brought the pilots together for a little celebration that night... Yummy fajitas, homemade salsa and queso dip was much delicious.
Alright, let's take a closer look at this picture to see what a hit my "muddy buddies" were..
Amen.
We just had our one month anniversary and how else would we celebrate but with giant cheese pizzas, brownies and icecream! Mmmmm.. Our most favorite. We are sure lovin' every minute being together. I don't know how I ever let Matt go for weeks at a time! I'm SO glad we are able to experience Alaska together and I hope we can make the most of it while we're here.
Who's ready for a tram ride?
We are!

Last night we went with our friends Jeff and Beth(Jeff is a pilot with Era also). We went downtown and took a tram ride followed by dinner at the Wharf. Since it was "Juneau Day" we got discounts on our tram and the icecream that soon followed our dinner.
More pics of tram ride/lookouts up top:

A look at downtown Juneau(where we live). Have I mentioned how awesome it is to be right in the middle of everything?!

Mom, you would NOT like this.

We just LOVE it here!!


Matt loves posing for pictures!



Dinner are the "Hanger". The view is awesome here- we watched at the float planes came in and out.. also watched as the cruise ship take off later. Can you imagine how much power it would take to get that thing going??

No comments:
Post a Comment