*He is SO patient and kind with me
*I love that he puts me first and is always making sure we do things together
*He gets my humor and I try and understand his too :)
*It's just so good to be with him- no matter what we are doing
*He supports me in what I do and encourages me through school/work
*We have fun together and enjoy doing the same things
*He gently reminds me when I've had a little much icecream or fudge.. I'm working on it.
*And I love that even when I dropped our precious camera in the ocean while kayaking this last weekend... he was so calm and understanding.
It was the worst nightmare. Especially after such a serene morning of sea kayaking with a friend. It was such a beautiful day in Juneau and most perfect for what we were doing. I took TONS of pictures trying to capture the adventure and beauty as much as possible. I couldn't wait to get home and show Matt. Well, we all know the end of this story. On my way back to shore, my camera slipped out of my wet hands and into the deep dark sea. Ever seen Titanic? I just watched as it sunk so quickly and while I reached for it and even thought to jump in after it- I guess it was a good thing I didn't. Luckily we had taken all the previous pictures off and were just out all the ones from that day. And they were some awesome pictures. Beth had taken some pictures also, so it wasn't a complete loss.
That night we went with some friends out to the "island" and found us an awesome place to have a campfire. There are endless places to do this and here was definitely one of the best we've seen so far. Some hiking trails have board-walks which I love. The tide rises and falls so quickly here- we had fun tide pooling here while it was low. We found a bunch of little sea creatures including star fish, crabs, and other little guys. After a little hand sanitizing we roasted some delicious strawberry smores- which was a new one for us. But before that, we cooked some tin foil dinners in which Matt and I were very proud of because they turned out to be so delicious! It was after 11pm before we left and still light outside. It's so crazy here!
Thank goodness again to Matt's iPhone for these pictures.
Because everyone likes a video- This is my first strawberry smore. VERY messy and as you will see, I end up losing half of it. Dont worry- I made another one :)


4 comments:
Umm hello...look at this life you are living! I am so stinkin jealous! Hiking, bonfires on the beach, kayaking! What a life!
Stace. I would be soooooo mad at you for dropping the camera!!! Glad you still got pictures out of it! And now you have my permission to purchase a new one! (I am starting to question if it was really an "accident"....)
You guys are having tooo much fun there! I'm glad you are having good weather! I'm also jealous of it! ha:)
Stacie, I'm so glad you are so happy and having so much fun! Alaska looks wonderful.
Please stop making Alaska look like so much fun, we are getting restless down here.
Post a Comment