Sunday, April 24, 2011

BIG NEWS!

I walked in verizon yesterday with no intention of buying one of these... but I walked out one happy girl!! :)  I've always been amazed with the iphone, but I never knew what it could do for me until now.  Sorry Matt, your iphone is now old news... that is, until iphone 5 comes out.  What could seriously be next?!  I can't believe I'm living in these times.  I did vow to myself that I would not waste my life away on this phone.  For me, that means not downloading games like "angry bird" or "the sims".  I will spend my time doing more productive things like studying, projects around the house, spending time with Matt... and blogging :)  


I wish I was a better wife most days.  I wish I had the energy to cook and clean after work (and before school).  I do enjoying cooking when I have a good recipe + time + energy + motivation.  Not to mention just not having the ingredients I need!  I really should plan our meals ahead of time.  Anyway, I made a YUMMY carrot cake today with cream cheese frosting!  It was/is awesome!  Of course I couldn't have done it without my good friend, Alton Brown :)  Find the recipe here.
Seriously, he has the BEST recipes.  I don't ever wonder if it will turn out.  The only surprises are when I see my final product and realize what I've created.  I was thinking about bringing leftovers to work tomorrow... guess that depends on how much I eat for breakfast :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

congrats on your new love...

and your carrot cake...

i want some...